Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Angels



Recently been making some cute paper pieced angels from a book called "24 Angel Quilt Blocks" by Linda Causee. The patterns vary in difficulty and are all very sweet! Since they are paper piecing foundations it makes it easy to enlarge the block to use it for whatever you like.

I have made a simple wall hanging, by piecing 2 different angels, adding borders and hand embroidering the details.






For the students in my classes, I have been making paper piecing blocks and adding a ribbon so that it can be hung from a door knob or hook as a decoration.




On the backs, I used a fabric both light in colour and with a simple print, so that the students can inscribe a message on the back using fabric pens. I thought the angel would be appropriate as a Mother's Day gift, and the little heart is going to make a cute

Valentine's Day decoration.



I also have a new edition to my family. He is a long-haired guinea pig and I named him Pig. Wouldn't it be wonderful if he could learn to sew? LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment