Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Some Recent Custom Orders

I've recently been working on a few different custom orders, (on top of teaching lessons and preparing for upcoming craft shows) so I thought I would share them with you :)

The first item is a custom order for a quilt made using baby clothing, receiving blankets, hats, and socks. I have the majority of the quilt top assembled. I think this quilt is interesting, due to the textures of the various fabrics, pockets, hats (they are appliqued on but you can still lift the bottom of the hat to open it, and feel the inside), appliqued socks, etc.

Here are a couple of photos as of right now:


This is a close-up area showing a sock, a denim pocket and a shirt that I kept the collar and 
buttons on.

If you are interested in making a quilt using T-shirts or baby clothing, please note that you need to back all of your cut materials with a light weight fusible interfacing. This will make sewing the pieces together so much easier, as the interfacing will prevent the materials from stretching. 


In addition to working on this quilt order, I've also been working on this order for a batman stocking!


Stay tuned for more photos of what I'm making lately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment